Best Selling Books
A Babysitter's Formula for Success (Press Release)
Press release date: 2014-09-01
For Release: January 2003
Contact: Kate Bandos, KSB Promotions
800-304-3269 • firstname.lastname@example.org
A Babysitters Formula for Success: Happy Kids + Satisfied Parents = Repeat Business and Referrals!
Just how many times can a babysitter be expected to watch the Lion King over and over and over? If the answer is “A few more” and you wish it were “None”, maybe its time for a little creativity.
Deborah Shelton, a wife, mother and active member of the Association for Play Therapy, knew that with a little thought she could come up with lots of ideas to entertain (and sometimes teach) children that would be fun for both the child and the adult. The Five Minute Parent: Fun & Fast Activities for You and Your Little Ones , offers babysitters 115 creative alternatives to television and computer games.
Babysitters who want a truly unique bonding experience with their young charges can choose from activities in eleven categories such as: • adventures in art • weird and wacky science experiments • writing and wishing you were here • games and sports, of sorts • family fun time • music, movement and mayhem • puppets, critters and creepy-crawlies • celebrations using your imagination • cooking & munching in the kitchen • outside fun guide and • easy crafts for all ages.
Most of the projects call for materials that people usually have in their homes. In fact, some activities require only the willingness to act silly!
In addition to fun projects, The Five Minute Parent also features colorful sidebars with trivia, riddles, jokes, facts and famous quotes that are sure to arouse any childs curiosity.
• Q: What rock group has 4 men that dont sing?
A: Mount Rushmore!
• “Cats are smarter than dogs. You cannot get 8 cats to pull a sled through snow.” —Jeff Valdez
• The first CD released in the USA was Bruce Springsteens “Born In the USA.”
• Q: Who were the first to travel in a hot-air balloon?
A: A duck, a rooster and a sheep flew for 8 minutes in 1783.
• A baby elephant weighs up to 260 pounds at birth!
Babysitter Boredom Busters
1. Looney Laces. Decorate a plain white pair of shoelaces to match your personality or a favorite outfit. Use multi-colored permanent markers to draw designs, squiggles and patterns to show off your fancy feet.
2. Fingerprint Critters. Press your thumb on to an inkpad and then on to a piece of paper. Draw legs and antennae for your little critters.
3. Tongue Twisters. Make up funny sentences that roll off the tongue—or tumble out in total terrible confusion for giggles galore! Old oily Otto operates on old oily autos. Mom makes marshmallow munchies on Mondays.
4. Indoor Camping. Why waste valuable cushions on the sofa when they could be used as walls to your new fort? Dont forget to include a flashlight and a few “campfire” stories.
5. Dance Party. Each person gets to pick one song, but everyone gets to dance to all of them!
6. Scavenger Hunt. Make a list of items found in the home and have the little ones hunt for them! For example: Find 5 things that are round; Find 3 things that start with the letter B.
---- Pull-out Box 1 ---
First, apply dark lipstick to your lips. Now, “kiss” the paper in the center of the page. Draw the face and features (eyes, nose, hair, etc.) around the smooch. A fun way to draw family portraits!
This is just one of the 115 fun and fast activities that can be found in The Five Minute Parent by Deborah Shelton (©2002, www.bayoupublishing.com).
--- End of Pull-0ut Box 1 ---
“I want to take this book with me to all of my babysitting jobs!”
~Kimberly Romero, age 14
The Five Minute Parent: Fun & Fast Activities for You and Your Little Ones
by Deborah Shelton illustrated by Frankie Gordon
184 pages 9" x 6" Line illustrations Family Resource Centers Index
Printed 2 color throughout (blue & black)
$12.95 trade paperback original
Publication date: September 2002
Published by Bayou Publishing; available at bookstores nationwide through all major wholesalers, at online bookstores, by visiting www.bayoupublishing.com or by calling 800-340-2034.
To request a review copy of The Five Minute Parent, to arrange an interview with Deborah Shelton or for any additional information, please contact Kate Bandos at KSB Promotions • 800-304-3269 • email@example.com • fax 616-676-0759
Please send two copies of any review or mention to
Bayou Publishing, 2524 Nottingham, Houston, TX 77005